Lemon Recipe to achieve a glowing skin + Application
In my LAST POST , i mentioned a list of homemade products/ingredients that you can use to achieve a glowing skin. One of such ingredients is LEMON!
LEMON- A CONTROVERSIAL FRUIT FOR GLOWING SKIN
- Skin irritation, redness and burning as a result of its acidic nature.
- Exposure to sunlight after use of lemon causes burning and sometimes blisters which will make your skin have dark patches.
- Stinging sensation when used undiluted as a result of its pH level (2-3) which make it acidic.
- Effect of drying out the skin if not properly moisturized.
Hold on let me finish the post. Then you can make your choice.
There are ways you can avoid the above side effects of using lemon on your skin. Below are the precautions to take if you are interested in using lemons:
- Never use lemon on your skin undiluted.
- After the use of homemade recipe or any other cosmetic products containing lemon, do not expose to sunlight.
- It is advisable to use lemon based products only at night if option (2) above can not be avoided.
- I would also advice you to do a patch skin test before trying out homemade recipe using lemons.
- Try as much as you can to be careful while applying lemon around your eyes. I usually advice not to apply at all in some cases.
Enough of the threats/controversies/precaution
Let us talk about all the benefits that comes with using lemons. Am sure you must have heard a lot about the lightening effect of lemon on the skin. But hey that is not what am here to tell you. There is more to what you think or already know.
- Diminishes and cures acne/pimples
- Lightens/whitens the skin
- Revives dull skin by making the skin glow
- Evens skin tone
- Polishes the skin
- brightens and fades off freckles
- Erases by lightening dark under arm, inner thigh, knuckles, elbow, knee, dark feet.
- Tones and removes excess oil on the skin for those with oily skin
- Removes blackheads on the skin
- Assist in fading age spots on the skin
- Fight fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces eye bags
- Helps in exfoliating the skin by getting rid of dead skin cells
There are various recipe for different purposes that can be achieved with the use of lemons.
Method 1:Lemon recipe for glowing skin(To be done twice a week)
- Mix 2 teaspoon each of fresh lemon juice and sugar;
- Apply the mixture to your face and scrub gently in a circular motion;
- Leave on your face for 10 minutes;
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and
- Apply a moisturizer to prevent excessive drying of your skin.
Method 2: Lemon mask recipe for glowing skin
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoon of pure natural honey;
- Apply all over your face. Be careful with your eyes as i have earlier mentioned;
- Leave for 20 minutes(if you are the type that talks too much, please try not to talk during this routine);
- Rinse off with cold water;
- Pat dry and apply a good moisturizer.
Method 3: Homemade lemon recipe with olive oil for glowing skin
- Mix 1¼ cup of sugar, 1/2 slice of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey;
- Apply all over the body;
- Scrub gently for 10 minutes;
- Rinse off with water and
- Apply a good moisturizer.